benefits of 80 PLUS at a glance:
Reduced Heat Output
• Increases computer system reliability by 40%, reducing costly repairs
and lost worker productivity.
• Reduces a building’s cooling load, which
saves customers money on their electricity bill and creates
a more comfortable office setting.
• Minimizes the need for noisy PC fans, which makes
for a quieter office environment.
• Reduces total cost of ownership, saving
an estimated $25- 30 over the life of computer and $100
over t he life of servers.
• Reduces heat output and noise within the computer/server,
minimizing obtrusiveness in office environments and decreasing
a building’s AC load.
• Reduces energy losses throughout the entire distribution
Improved Power Quality
• Improved power quality lowers stress on semiconductor components in the
improving product reliability.
• Higher power factor reduces current draw, which
means that more computers can be placed on the same branch